Check out this fantastic write-up on Bedford + Bowery, At Home With Amy Sedaris Is a Treat For Strangers With Candy Fans, Colbert and All–which includes a recap of the first episode (screened at the Tribeca TV Festival)… It sounds–in the words of Jerri Blank, of course–hilaaaaaaaarious. I am already dying over, “Remember the potato ships from Simple Times: Crafts for Poor People? She makes them again in the premiere, once again klutzing around with fake fingernails and getting glue all over the place.” And, “Don’t worry, Sedaris lets her freak flag fly by playing special guests such as … Patty Hogg, a scrappy Southerner who grills lamb chops in the middle of her country club and takes charge of the show when Sedaris gets depressed about a dead pet.” So good! Head over to the post for more tidbits on the show.
You can also watch the full interview on Tribeca’s Facebook page.
Amy Sedaris returns to television just one month from today! It’s hard to believe it’s been seventeen years already since Amy has had her own show (Strangers With Candy ended in 2000), but we won’t have to wait much longer! truTV released a new trailer for At Home with Amy Sedaris and it looks BEYOND! This show is going to be out of control. Make sure you’re following the show on Facebook and Instagram for tons of behind-the-scenes and sneak peeks. (Seriously–jump over to those social media accounts for sooooo much fun stuff. That’s why I’ve taken a back seat to posting.)
Amy will be the VIP guest at NPR’s live show Ask Me Another on February 24, 7:30 p.m., at the Keswick Theater!
Ask Me Another is the rambunctious live show from NPR and WNYC that mixes trivia games with comedy and music to make an hour of mind-boggling fun. Host Ophira Eisenberg invites guests, celebrities, and listeners alike to take on challenges and to be serenaded by house musician Jonathan Coulton, with one contestant crowned the episode’s Ask Me Another champion. We will be taping at the wonderful Keswick theater! Our VIP for the evening will be the astounding Amy Sedaris!
Find out more or buy tickets to the show here.
Oh my gosh, you guys, I have something seriously exciting to report… TruTV has greenlit a scripted comedy created by and starring Amy! YES! It has been a long time coming… AMY IS GETTING HER OWN SHOW AGAIN! Here’s what we know so far:
- Tru ordered 10 half-hour episodes of the yet-untitled series
- It sounds like the show will be at least somewhat based on Amy’s bestselling books, I Like You: Hospitality Under the Influence and Simple Times: Crafts for Poor People
- Each episode will center around a theme such as “Wood!,” “Fish!” or “Grieving!”
- Production begins THIS SUMMER (! – which means we could be seeing this next fall or mid-season?!)
- Tru has already made a placeholder page for the show on their website, which says, “Amy Sedaris cordially invites you into her home, where she will show off diverse but necessary homemaking skills, from death-bed etiquette, to gutting a fish, to crocheting miniature sweaters for a mice infestation, to entertaining your husband’s business associates.” (This make it feel so real! It’s really happening!)
Full details here! And I’ll, of course, continue to post more info as I find out. Hooray!
Amy will be a panelist on Match Game! You’ll be able to catch it this Wednesday night (January 11) on ABC. Check out this bonus round clip.
Amy joined Any Cohen in the SiriusXM studio for their second annual Holiday Hangout on Radio Andy! If you missed it, you can still watch a recording of the live stream here. Good times!